OFF: more Swedish chefs (was: HW: the ICU CDrom!!!!)

Christian Mumford cannibal at CUTEY.COM
Tue Nov 18 12:41:18 EST 1997

At 09:33 18/11/97 -0000, you wrote:

>Carl, it's such a shame the Green Street kebab shop is no more, or you could
>have experienced the delight that was the Haji Baba Special Pizza.  A perfect
>fusion of two rich and honourable cuisines: doner kebab on a pizza.  Chili
>sauce optional.  A sensational taste experience.  I used to live on them.

To bring this full circle, the first place I had that on pizza was in
Copenhagen and it was great. Anyway, the one I had later in Linköping in
Sweden some months later was not as good, but still rather nice.

In Norway people put corn (maize) on anything, kebabs, pizza, potato salad,
well anything, and I think it's yucky and totally un-kosher. I used to like
corn but now I hate it. :( Some places you get a kebab and it's basically
a whole can of corn on top of fried cat topped with Thousand Island dressing
(though of course you can get outstanding kebab's as well).

Christian