Good HW songs/Live 76 and Vinyl

BREVARD, Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Tue Nov 18 14:30:24 EST 1997

"Ya know gang when you're a superhero you never know where the day will
take you.  You may find yourself halfway around the world in shark
infested waters of true to life living or you may find yourself going
down to the store for a lozenge.  You can't know can you?  No, you got
to ride that wave, you got to suck that lozenge.  Because if you don't,
who will?"  - The Tick

Kind of how I feel about some of the Hawkwind threads at time; limited
knowledge of the band and only having the two live offerings well...hard
to say more than Rox/Sux.  However, as I am prone to do I will throw in
a couple of coins about this...

>4) Needle Gun (why why why do they keep playing this silly number?)

This is on Chronicle of the Black Swords, there are two versions of this
CD, yes?  I have one and this song is one of my faves from that cd.  It
rox.  Rudy was right for suggesting this one as a tBS cover.  Fits them
well I think. This song would also sound good on the Galactic Cowboys.

>6) Lighthouse (This Tim Blake number always makes me cringe)

Stretching beyond infinity...isn't this number on Live '79?  If this is
the one I'm thinking of I LOVE THIS SONG.  Perhaps my taste in HW is
unique, I dunno...gotta spin this disc tonight but I'm pretty sure his
is the song I'm thinking of...judging by Rudy's puzzlement when I told
him I liked it I may be a minority of one.

JS>King Biscuit does, I believe, have a website, but I don't have the
URL.
I believe they need to work out copyright stuff with Sony/Columbia to
release the BOC stuff that's "in the vaults" -- it seems that I queried
them about this several months ago and that was the response they gave
me.  There are several excellent recordings that would be very cool
to have on CD.

Recently got a tape with four songs on it that were part of a King
Biscuit broadcast.  Now this is very hard for me to say, I MEAN REALLY
HARD but...the version of D&S led by (gulp) Eric is
(gulp...ahem...choke, choke) quite good.  Alright already sucker rox.
Damn never thought I'd say that...took guts for sure....

>And I suspect the sound of the boot is at least as *good* as the Castle
release.

I recorded songs from the cd and the same songs from the video, sounds a
bit better from video but I guess you get mopre range when you do
that...

>Wasn't it originally recorded for broadcast for a hotel nearby in a closed
circuit simulcast?

Huh?  I doubt that.  BOC was big in the 70's as was Kiss, Rush Aerosmith
et. al, but I don't think any of those bands ever filled every seat in
that cave.  Most concerts were general admission and the majority of the
crowds would hit the floor in front of the stage.  Bear in mind this
monstrosity probably sat between 15-17 thousand in concert
configuration. Only sell out I can recall is the first Zepplin Show
there, that one was on the local news.  Can't imagine why they would
want to broadcast it when it wasn't sold out.

Theo, your still a Lucky Duck!

L8er
lil ab
obcd -

"I believe that situations all depend on circumstance."