HW: Items for sale/trade (Forward)

langner timothy 96163497 at BROOKES.AC.UK
Tue Nov 18 17:46:34 EST 1997

Jon Browne said:
>>What songs are on the Area S4?
>Alien (I AM) Roswell edit
>Death Treap
>Wastelands
>Are you Losing Your Mind?

Not sure if this has been mentioned or not but the 12" vinyl version also
contained Sputnik Stan, after Alien (I AM) Roswell edit. This was not on the
CD so I bought the 12" but wanted that anyway. When I first got the album I
played it at the speed of 45 because that's what it said. I then thought how
rubbish sputnik Stan was compared to the live tapes I have and I didn't like
the fast dancey type drumming. After playing it I then thought may be it
should be at 33 1/3 which of course it should have been just Hawkwind deciding
to confuse me.

Cost me 4.99UKP which I thought was a bit steep but worth it for the cover
alone. Much better on that 12" than on the CD which I have since seen going
for 5UKP second hand not worth it. But I'll buy it one day to be a compleist

>All are on Alien 4 and thus only necessary for people like me.
I must be like you then. Besides I buy singles because they are cheaper and
when I can afford it I then buy the albums, (second hand if going). I just got
the new hawk album. It was 1 out of an amazing 8 copies!!!!, in our local our
price. I just hope an amazing 7 people bought the rest!!!. However out of all
of them I got the one which jumps in places :((. It likes to jump around 2mins
into the first song so that I can an annoying voice over the track. Any one
know whose voice it is? And then it jumps where it fells like it . Sometimes
in not such good songs and other times in reptiod visions :((( The best track
on the album.

Timmy Langner