HW: Eindhoven 18.11.1997

Bernhard Pospiech bernhard.pospiech at GELSENKIRCHEN.NETSURF.DE
Wed Nov 19 03:03:33 EST 1997

Hi folks

Here is a short review from the HAWKWIND gig in Eindhoven, Effenaar on
18.11.1997 (Holland) only 160 KM from my hometown

Lineup: Brock, Chadwick, Tree, Richards and Cpt. Rizz

Playing time: 85 minutes (22:15h - 23:40h)

Fans: 350 - 400

Track list: (same like during the UK gigs)

- wheels
- standing at the edge
- assault & battery
- golden void
- hassan i sahba
- space is their
- hassan i sahba
- pleasure phantasy
- alchemy
- love in space
- aerospaceage inferno
- sonic attac
- blue skin
- brainstorm
- jam
- brainstorm
- raptoid vision

Crum was not there because he has forgotten this gig (yes, its really
true!). He'll be in Amsterdam today and in Bruxelles tomorrow.

One of the best gigs I've ever seen (the BEST was Hammersmith Odeon on
16.05.1992). Very poor lightshow, only a handfull of green and red lights.
In the 1st couple of minutes Jerrys guitar and Cpt. Rizz voice were mixed
down. But after 2 or 3 songs you could hear the guitar very good. It was
Jerrys best gig (I can compare with 11 tapes from this tour). Dave was as
ever hiding behind his gear. The members were in a good mood.
Daves and Rons voices were crystal clear!!

Had the chance to talk with Richard Chadwick and Trevor Hughes.
Trevor told me that he has asked Dave to do TIME FOR SALE during the next
tour, and Dave said YES.

Richard told me that his favorite gig during the UK tour was LEEDS and
LONDON and during the short USA tour CHICAGO

(I am still looking for the LEEDS tape!!!!!)

A female fireeater appeared at the end of the show for 1 or 2 minutes on
stage.

Highlights during this evening: The middle parts of HASSAN, LOVE IN SPACE
and RAPTOID VISION. And the complete AEROSPACEAGE INFERNO. The folks went
wild!!

The middle part of HASSAN was the best I've ever ever heard!!!!! Lots of
guitar playing by Jerry

All in all a VERY GOOD Hawkwind gig (a bit to loud) My ears are still
whisteling.

Looking forward to see them again very soon

Bernhard