Good HW songs/Live 76 and Vinyl

Si sihalley at VOSSNET.CO.UK
Wed Nov 19 16:50:58 EST 1997

On 19-Nov-97, Sonique wrote:
>Transmission details -
>Source: BREVARD, Adrian R.

>> >6) Lighthouse (This Tim Blake number always makes me cringe)
>>
>> Stretching beyond infinity...isn't this number on Live '79?  If this is the
>> one I'm thinking of I LOVE THIS SONG.  Perhaps my taste in HW is unique, I
>> dunno...gotta spin this disc tonight but I'm pretty sure his is the song
I'm
>> thinking of...judging by Rudy's puzzlement when I told him I liked it I may
>> be a minority of one.

>Make that a minority of two ... I reckon it's great as well ...

Three!! 'Lighthouse' is one of my fav. HW tracks ever (ok Blake track but it's
the HW version).

And to give this post a bit more content (but not much!), Kerrang to day had a
mention of the new HW album being released. The 1999 Party. There has been no
mention of the REAL new album yet. Looks like the old publicity machine is
still at the repair shop.

And...

I picked up both new albums on Monday. This was the first time I had found a
copy of DH anywhere!

DH is good but not great. The packaging is attrocious. Is this another "the
cover wasn't ready" senario? Also, going by the recording dates (jan-July
1997) is Alan on any of this? He official left way after january didn't he?

1999 Party is great. A must have as everybody has already said. Quite apt for
it to cost 19.99 too!

One thing I diid notice was that the first time I played both CD's it was on
normal speakers and it was ok. Later I listened to them loud on headphones and
they sounded 1000 times better, especially 1999. So to all those yet to buy,
listen to them on phones and loud. It makes a world of difference.

Best

Si

--
"Me and GB we ain't never gonna confess...'
Glen Buxton 1947 - 1997 R.I.P.

http://village.vossnet.co.uk/s/sihalley/