HW: DH vs. ...

Chris Bates C.D.Bates at SHU.AC.UK
Thu Nov 20 04:52:43 EST 1997

Carl wrote:

> On ons 19 nov 1997 12.26 -0500 "Alun Hughes" <a.hughes at NEWI.AC.UK> wrote:

> > It's a good job this got released *after* _Distant Horizons_ and not
> > before, because _DH_ mightn't have got much of a look in. Not that it's
> > bad (except for Waimea Canyon Drive) but to us old-timers it's not the
> > same, is it? Mind you, I do like "Batman"^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H"Phetamine
> > Street" ...
>
>     DH ain't bad, but I don't think its high points reach the high points
> of ET.  Heck, I think Sputnik Stan and Alien I Am are probably better than
> anything on DH.

I have to disagree with both Alun and Carl here. For my money
DH is the best HW studio album since the RCA years. Usually when
I listen to a new HW album I end up thinking that it's good but
not great. Well DH really excites me, I think it is great - at
least as good as CYM or SA but slightly worse than the awesome
Levitation.

For what my opinion is worth, there you have it

Chris Bates