OFF: On Parole was: Re: HW: 1999 Party lineup?

Chris Raymond chrisr at TIAC.NET
Thu Nov 20 17:03:29 EST 1997

Christian Mumford wrote:

> At 17:53 20.11.97 +0100, you wrote:
> >Jon Browne:
> >>On Parole is the first Motorhead release, before the Fast Eddie/ Phil
> >>Taylor line-up. This is Lemmy, Larry Wallis from the Fairies and Lucas
> >>Fox in '76.
>
> Daniel wrote:
>
> >But was it released as their first album?
> >'Cos I don't think so.
>
> It lingered in the vaults until the early 80's because EMI
> afraid to release it in '76!!!!!!!!
>
> Christian

I have had On Parole since around 1978. It is  Liberty/United Artists
LBR1004. It also says the Rock file on it. (which I just assumed was a
lowbudget thing from the record company. I know that it came out after the
Chiswick white vinyl Motorhead albun, but was recorded before. The date on
this vinyl is 1976; and was recorded at Rockfield Studios, Monmouth,
Wales    Chris

--
Walk not the earth, but fly through space-HW