the truth is out there

herbert rosenberg chuck at GENESISNETWORK.NET
Fri Nov 21 00:45:11 EST 1997

----------wrote:

> >So you want some definitions to these different terms, well, I am not an
> >expert, but I listen to "alternative" music forms, and I think I
> >understand what most of these terms mean, and can give examples on most.

Oh yeah, this guys really knows his shit...

> >Well, here goes:
> >
> >Death Metal: A variation of Thrash Metal, which is soley devoted to
> >lifting up Satan and empowering enemies of the Christians.

Wrong, _far_ from solely.

The album
> >covers usually depict satanic rituals or symbols, and show the members
> >wearing paint that make them look horrible and menacing. The lyrics are
> >usually pretty intelligent, but are usually indecipherable by most. Most
> >of these bands seem to come from Europe,

This sounds more like the current "Black Metal" scene going on right now in
Scandinavia.

 there are not as many American
> >bands who have decided to write music meant soley to worship Satan, but
> >there are a few. Examples: Deicide, Godkiller, Death, Sabbat, Cradle of
> >Filth etc..

Well, Sabbat and CoF, being Brits, might indeed make an exception here and
sacrifice this guy to Satan for calling them Yanks. Or the Japanese Sabbat,
for that matter.

> >Black Metal: A variation of Thrash Metal, but does not usually talk
about
> >Satan directly, just about really disgusting and awful things like
> >necrophilia, corpse molestation, decapitation, maggots spilling out of
> >ones mouth etc. Other than that, I believe it is similiar to Death
Metal.

Ha, ha! WAY off! Death metal has always been the genre more closely
releated w/gore and BM always the one mainly associated w/Satanism!

> >Example: Cannibal Corpse
> >
> >Hardcore- "Hardcore" as far as I understand tends to relate to what one
of
> >my friends refers to as "Holy Black Death Metal" I suppose that the more
> >hardcore something is the more it goes into darkness, evil, violence,
> >immorality, occultism, thrashier metal, obscene lyrics, darker sounding
> >singing (rasping, shouting, chanting)

Ha, ha. Oh yeah, Bad Brains, Agnostic Front, Minor Threat, very occultish
stuff...

> >Gothic- This is a musical equivalent of Black Metal for females, it is
an
> >off-shoot of Modern Rock, and tends to emphasize dark, overly black
lyrics
> >and musical tones. It borrows from an Edgar Allan Poeish, victorian
style
> >with an emphasis on graphic design, extremly dark themes and the color
> >black.

Whatever. I won't even touch this one...
or the rest. Got the metal covered. Sorry for taking up space...

I know no one hear cares enough for metal, but if you're ever actually
interested in facts, let me know and I'll hook you up...

Charlie