OFF: GONG (Re: Off: Music help)

Dave Berry daveb at HARLEQUIN.CO.UK
Fri Nov 21 12:38:00 EST 1997

On 21 Nov 17:01, Christian Mumford wrote:
> The Gong CD actually has BIG names doing
> these mixes, like Orb, System 7, Shamen etc.

They will draw in the sales (including my impulse purchase of the album),
but generally it's the unknowns that do the best mixes, IMO (with the
honourable exception of Youth).

I'm in two minds about the CD.  It's quite good, but most of the time
it just makes me want to play the original album again.  I think I'd
prefer to hear the artists's own music.

Dave.
--
Harlequin Ltd., Technology Transfer Centre, King's Buildings,
Mayfield Road, Edinburgh, EH9 3JL, UK.