OFF: Re: Reply to the truth is out there

blyoung blyoung at BIGFOOT.COM
Fri Nov 21 23:32:35 EST 1997

--> From:          blyoung <blyoung at BIGFOOT.COM>

> Now, I disagree with you about Satan.  It's your opinion that there is
> no such thing, so I don't know if you are an athiest or just an
> agnostic, or whatever, but it's just an opinion nonetheless.  My opinion
> is different, but it's only valid to myself...
>
> I believe that there IS such a thing as the devil, but I don't agree
> with the common perception of a "goat horned redskinned wicked-laughing
> incarnation".  I also believe in a God that is not a dispassionate,
> remote observer, but actually a loving God who cares about his people.
>
> So whatever, that not's the point.  I wish you would just state your
> BELIEF, or your OPINION, instead of making the presumption that your
> opinion is scientific proof.  Why use the word "foolishness"?  Where are
> your scientific proofs that Satan does not exist?
>

>> Where's any proof that such an entity DOES exist?

OK, great argument, but I never said it was a FACT that there is an
entity we call the devil.  I said I believe in him.  I didn't make any
presumptions about myself being correct.  Therefore, I don't need any
proof to back up my opinion.

If the original poster had stated his "opinion" as such, then I would
not have asked him for proof.  Instead, he stated his opinion as though
it were veritable credence.

Bryan

Bryan Young       CANADA       blyoung AT bigfoot DOT com
Visit these webpages!         Everybody else is doing it!