OFF: reply to the truth is out there.

Chris Warburton desdinova at EARTHLING.NET
Fri Nov 21 20:14:12 EST 1997

At 14:03 21/11/97 EDT, you wrote:

>To paraphrase Shakespeare and sundry other observers:  the forces of
>evil [assuming such things exist] can only tempt us humans.  We all
>have free will to behave as we see fit.  And then bear the
>consequences for our actions.  Modern American society is obsessed
>with victimization:  putting the blame elsewhere for one's own
>actions.  Hence the proliferation of support groups and twelve step
>programs.  I'm sure there are guys out there who insist that being a
>pedophile is a disease, and that they are victims of a disease, and
>thus not responsible for thwie actions...

That is a wonderfully succinct summary of the state of the world: The Monty
Python crew were way ahead of their time (as usual) with their "I did it,
but society is to blame" routine.  I also think that the rise of
repressive, moralistic attitudes in the worlds of politics & The media will
only aggravate this (but I have some pretty weird ideas *G*)

ChrisW