HW : Too long albums (was NEW ALBUM ROCKS!!!!) (Forward)

langner timothy 96163497 at BROOKES.AC.UK
Sat Nov 22 12:44:19 EST 1997

>undefined, but certainly NOT love-songs. i absolutely agree with the notion
>that the content of this song is nothing like what i'd expect from HW. also
>the new ep version is downright embarrassing. but the version they were
>doing circa 95-96 had a nice dreamy affect live.

And the best version I've heard was the one on VH-1. during the guitar solo
inbetween verses (which I havn't heard on any other version) they had a great
backing and it was nice. I like dremay hawkwind songs and I don't care what
the words are about as long as the tune fits. After all I'm not into drugs but
I still like songs like LSD, Hassian I shaba etc.

The new EP was great, had some really good tracks on it ....  Lord of light
and sonic attack. Can't think why the other one was incldued. I suspsoe just
to allow me to have a more complete hawkwind collection.

>i think it sux without davey. the vocals between dave and alan made the
>song.
It was good then but I had a recent version where daves voice was brooming out
and it sounded really good with the backing and stuff. No echo either. I still
wonder why I liked it becuase that ehco adds to it a lot. But I think it had
sometihng to do with Jerry's playing a tune on his guitar at same time. I've
noticed recently the end of the chourss have had a few notes changed and it
doesn't sound as good.

>still, its nice because it gets dave to sing.
>only my opinion of course.
>rj
Well if you get ride of Ron then I suspose dave would have to sing, unless he
got richard to do some more? Would't mind hearing a bit more from richard.

Timmy Langner