Uncle Bob Calvert (Re: HW: DH vs. ...)

Max Wilcox s333271 at STUDENT.UQ.EDU.AU
Sat Nov 22 12:37:25 EST 1997

On Saturday, November 22, 1997 12:23 PM, Christian Mumford
[SMTP:cannibal at CUTEY.COM] wrote:
> At 00:43 22.11.97 GMT, you wrote:
>

> >While agreeing with all of the above I'd be inclined to pass on the
> >chance to listen to Test Tube Conceived.   Skip this one, find a large
> >chair to curl up in beside the fire, pour yourself a mug or glass of
> >your favourite choice of beverage and read "Hype" the book instead  8-)
>
> Looking forward to it!!!! :) Though I don't see what's wrong with TTC,
> I quite like it (tho I have yet to own the Hype album).

        I LOVE Test Tube. I don't see what's wrong with it, apart from perhaps the
total reliance on synths, which could turn some people off.

> I should
> be getting that and Blueprints soon though.

        This is one of my all time favorites!

> I have Capt Lockheed and
> Lucky Leif - the former is great, music wise, but 90% of the attempts at
> humour make me cringe (and I'm a BIG fan of British humour!).

        Sorry to be one of those "I disagree with everything" sort of people at
the moment, but I find it all quite funny. G FOR GERMANY!!!

> Lucky Leif
> is so strange it's good only when in the mood for it. The Queen
> Elizabeth live album is fun. What is the Revisited comp on Anagram?

        I don't know what this is - what's it called?

> Just
> stuff from his other albums? Also, what's with the Cleopatra remix of
> Freq? And what's the difference between Freq and Freq Revisited????
> Someone care to give me a lowdown on all this Freq business?

        There's no difference, as far as I can tell. I think Cleopatra just
slapped new cover artwork on it, put Lord of the Hornets and Greenfly and
the Rose on the end, and stuck a "revisited" in the title.

-=- Max Wilcox -=-