OFF/HW: Cybernetic Love with your Orgasmatron (Forward)

langner timothy 96163497 at BROOKES.AC.UK
Sun Nov 23 08:55:08 EST 1997

>ridiculous in general, and only a certain combination of audacity,
>showmanship, and inner conviction will carry it off well.  Calvert had
>it.  I think Tree has it, too.

Tree does have a good voice for poetry. I love the bit he speaks during
Ejection. Words like "Pieces of flesh hanging...." Hmm lovely words but he's
got a good voice in it.

Does any one know anything about the words spoken in Ejection? Are they on the
original, doubt it and where do they come from? Didn't hear them at the
Manchester gig but heard them at oxford and Swindon so not sure when they
first entered the tour.

Actually I'ven ever heard any poetry during any other concert than Hawkwind.

Reptile Vision (?).  I'm not sure about the quality of his own
>lyrics;

Reptile sounded okay to me but then what do I know I don't write music. But
I'd like to see him write a piece of poetry for a spoken song to see if he can
write poetry. may be a spacey poem or something.

>If that's his greatest weakness, then. I'll still be glad to have him, even
if only as a Calvert stand-in.

I like Ron. It's nice to have a front man singer. But my favourite period was
when they had Calvert in the early 70s and he was just another front man
singing with the band. By that I mean he sung some songs and did spoken parts
but then so did nik and Dave and lemmy. Where as now it's mainly Ron with the
odd vocals from Dave. My favourite concert I've heard was the 'windsong BBC
concert. in Brainstorm it had someone singing then during the choruses someone
was singing over the main singer and ie sounded really good. Not sure who it
was but it may have been Bob singing over lemmy with Dave and nik doing the
backing vocals. And on shouldn't do that on roadhawks in the see it as you
really are bit they have loads of them all singing well making noises, at the
end and that sounds really good. That's my favourite type of sinning where
they all sinning at the same time without singing the same words.

Ron also does an excellent voice in the words at the start of song of the
gremlin! Then precedes that with singing in a low tone that sounds good. Oh
and then Jerry cuts in because that singing you get the sudden keyboard
backing which is good. after the guitar you get a long ending that Hawkwind
do. in fact I listen to that song quite a lot. Form the hard sounding
beginning to the very genital sounding middle to the heavy ending. Perfect
hawkwind

>Steve
>swann at panix.com

Timmy Langner