BOC - Extending the Random Access Myth

Ted Jackson jr. tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Mon Nov 24 12:37:01 EST 1997

> From:          Horse Whisperer <beautiful_foot at HOTMAIL.COM>

>    It's a sad fact, but it's pretty obvious that it will take a
> seriously major event to get the Oyster Boys (or more particularly
> Albert and Sandy) up off their collective arse to finish the musical
> conversion of Soft Doctrines of Immaginos into the Imaginos
> Mythos/Cycle.

I wouldn't be so sure of that.  It wouldn't surprise me one whit if
Albert actually does exactly what you are suggsting one day.
Consider the tune 'Overture.'  Am I thinking of the right tune?  It's
on BoH?  They did this tune Friday night that was an overture
composed of parts from all the Imaginos songs.  Pretty amazing tune,
BTW.  This tune sounds like a step in that direction.  Clearly Al has
no shortage of inspiration for material these days.  Now, getting
Pearlman to work on the project again looks like a bit of a
problem...

>    The Random Access Myth is a beautiful creation.  It's influences are
> scintillating.  We are those for whom it was written, do we not
> therefore hold the necessary powers to complete the masterpiece?

Complete it?  No.  But contribute to it, of course.  And since it is
an open-ended piece [as I see it, any comments?] why can't we make a
valid contribution to it?

>    If you tell me there's no-one out there with the ability and desire
> to join in a communal authorship and write the next lines, I will not
> believe you.

I'm certainly up to taking a stab at the music, though I'd be less
than comfortable in trying to come up with lyrics...