Truth is Out there

Daniel Wikdahl mpj95wid at MC.HIK.SE
Mon Nov 24 16:44:56 EST 1997

Steve writes:
>Hey, blaming me for the existence of Death Metal is getting pretty
>low, guys!

Oh, I don't blame you for Death Metal...

>Blame me for everything on BOC-L, if you wish.

I wish more people were like you!
"Hey, Daniel you never have any money - blame me if you like!" --> girlfriend
"You're having a hangover again - it's mine fault." --> my friend Jonas (not
Stan)
"Your English is still very strange - please blame me!" Ulla B med de feta
läpparna och alkoholisten TS.
"You'll never get a job after the universitystudies - I beg you, blame me!"
Vilken borgarbracka som helst går bra. ;-)

>But I've
>heard Slayer, and they're not my responsibility!

I've seen them live a couple of times and I had a good laugh.
I mean, how old are they? 40-45 years old? And they're still playing
this dumb sort of puberty metal... and they seems to be serious about it...
But, of course, they're making some good money.

Death Metal in general and Slayer in particular [is this correct english?]
are a pretty harmless phenomenon. Nothing more evil or dangerous than
WASP used to be (OK, I know DM was around back then too)- and that's yet
another laughable band.
As somebody pointed out, the "real satanist" acts are Black Metal, NOT Death
Metal. For maybe six years ago I wrote an essay on the topic of satanism
and I did an interview with the girlfriend of Count Grishnak, aka "Greven", aka
Varg Vikernes, aka the one-man band Burzum. He was in jail for having burned
some churches in Norway and in Sweden (this was before he murdered the guy
Euronomious (or whatever he used to call himself) of the band Mayhem - the
crime for which he was given a life-time sentence) and she was in Swedish
jail, waiting for a forensic psychiatry examination, for trying to put the
house of the singer of Therion on fire. Just a couple of months before was
she prosecuted
for stabbing an old man in his neck - totally unprovoked. But she was never
convicted for that crime 'cos, as I see it, the old man and his wife didn't
dare to witness in court.
And it was so obvious to me that this didn't have anything to do with satanism
or any kind of religion! She was just a poor confused young girl totally
dominated and controlled by Varg Vikernes... too bad it had to go this
far before anybody was able to do anything about it. Vikernes himself was also
examined by psychiatrists after the murder of the Mayhem-guy... and, if I my
memory doesn't fail, was found sane... so it was possible to send him to the
prison where he now lives - spending his time by making awful music in the name
of the devil (or is it the Aesir Gods now?).
So what's the conclusion? I don't now really - except for that this has very
little to do with a existence devil or non-existence devil.

>ObTop3songsInTheSwannHouseholdThisMonth: Tool "Aenema"(!), Mike
>Oldfield "5 Miles Out", Calvert "Voyaging to Vinland".
BTW - Oldfield must have been the first person to do the typical Death Metal
growl. (In Tubular Bells).

                              mvh - Daniel Wikdahl

"Byalagen är rådgivare åt de politiska nämnderna, så är det."
                                        -Joachim Håkansson

Daniel Wikdahl
Kaptensgatan 2a
S-39 236 KALMAR