BOC: Imaginos can be completed

BREVARD, Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Tue Nov 25 08:51:22 EST 1997

>   Mr Bouchard is certainly holding the flag high (one the BOC have
> > shunned) from tBS stuff I've heard, but as you say, it's Sandy's baby.
> > To quote the Spinal Tap movie..."Currently residing in the 'Where Are
> > they Now' file...".

Certainly one would hope that Sandy would be willing to sit down with Al
and finish the Imaginos saga.  But is he really necesarry?  Al has the
juice to go it alone, perhaps re-do the whole thing and put his stamp on
it.  Musically, finishing Imaginos is a piece of cake.  tBS would be the
core instruments but I would supplement them with some of the brightest
people in the progressive rock field today.  Folks like Jon Oliva and
Zak Steven of Savatage, members of Dream Theater, Queensryche and
perhaps King's X.  Compared to some of the modern stuff the music of
Imaginos sounds a bit dated, subtle changes in the original arrangements
would give it fresh appeal.

> True enough.  But it never was a BOC project anyway, really, though
> granted members of BOC did contribute to pieces of the project along
> the way.  And, given the shady dealing surrounding the Imaginos
> recording that did see light of day, it would take gigantic balls the
> size of hot-air balloons for BOC to try anything else with the
> project.  Really, the only way for Imaginos to do what it originally
> attempted, would be for a full-out BOC reunion WITH SP, and the odds
> of that are nearly incalcuable...

I'm not sure I agree that Imaginos was not a BOC project or that
reuniting the band is the only way to go.  True Al and Sandy were alone
fostering the concept and attempting to put it on disc but the record
company wanted the band involved and to release it under their name.
Irregardless of how it was made members of Blue Oyster Cult did perform
on this so bottom line it was a BOC project.

Is the current band needed to re-do it, hell no.  These guys have long
gone their separate ways and Al & tBS has the means (maybe not the time)
to do it.  We should not however presume that a remake of the full
classic would not interest Buck, Eric and the band.  Maybe they have
gone in a completely new direction but we can't know that unless they
speak to it themselves.  Perhaps someone who participates on the AOL
chats can toss that one out. I for one would like to hear Buck's guitar
on a re-make.

One wish, Al if you ever do bring the full saga to life on disc, don't
stop there, be like George Clinton and TAKE IT TO THE STAGE MAN!

lil' ab

"60 seconds to Midnight...60 seconds to nowhere baby.
You have all become victims of the Evil Midnight Bomber what bombs...hey
pay attention."  EMB

OBCD - Space In Your Face, Galactic Cowboys