HW: Web record hunting

M S Wright M.S.Wright at READING.AC.UK
Tue Nov 25 10:22:26 EST 1997

On Tue, 25 Nov 1997, J Strobridge wrote:

> Olivier Boigey writes:
>
> > And they focus on related artists:
> > BIG AMONGST SHEEP
> >
> > Who are these Bigamongst Sheep ?
>
> It was a Nik Turner outfit during the Punk Season.   I think he was
> Producer or Manager or sommat for the band for a while.   I haven't (I
> confess) got any of their albums so don't know if NT actually features
> on any of them but John Peel used to play tracks from the band on his
> shows so they must have been uniquely good enough to engage his
> attention.

He appeared on at least one album, which I cannot remember the title of,
but it might have something to do with Golden Daffodils (Wordsworth's).
They also supported ICU during my 2nd year as an undergrad, so that would
be in 1985. I thought they were more spacey/rocky than punk - similar to
Underground Zero (but not that similar), but it has been a long time since
I listened to the record.

A punk band whose LP he appeared on is Peter Pan hits the Suburbs, where
he appeared on the track everything stops for baby, which has been
released on CD.

Mike w