BOC - Extending the Random Access Myth

Ted Jackson jr. tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Wed Nov 26 09:13:51 EST 1997

> From:          Hoarse Whisperer <beautiful_foot at HOTMAIL.COM>

> >I'm not sure I agree that Imaginos was not a BOC project or that
> >reuniting the band is the only way to go.  True Al and Sandy were
> >alone fostering the concept and attempting to put it on disc but the
> >record company wanted the band involved and to release it under their
> >name.

I have to clarify here.  I was thinking of the Imaginos record that
was released under the BOC moniker.  Certainly BOC members
contributed to songs that were part of the cycle written throughout
the BOC years:  ME262, Astronomy, Subhuman etc. all appeared on BOC
albums and BOC members either co-wrote or performed on them...

> > Regardless of how it was made members of Blue Oyster Cult did >perform
> on this so bottom line it was a BOC project.
>
> That would be nice, but (someone somewhere will crucify me for this)
> IMHO Buck's playing doesn't have the instantly-identifiable quality it
> used to.  But then, I don't think anyone who plays for as long as he has
> retains the sounds they had in their youth, just look at Tony Iommi,
I take it you haven't heard Buck live lately?  I've seen BOC live
regularly since Secret Treaties, and, he is playing, far and away,
the best guitar of his career right now.  And I think most on BOC-L
would concur on this...
theo
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"...it's legal, but it ain't a hundred percent legal..."
v.vega