OFF: Dead Flowers and some HW

herbert rosenberg chuck at GENESISNETWORK.NET
Thu Nov 27 04:02:02 EST 1997

an excellent bands whose first release was sort of a heavy guitar
> psych thing and then they progressed with the 2nd lp, Moontan, but the
real
> classic is the Altered State Circus, which has killer melting psych
guitar,
> mixed in with some tim blake like synth sounds. A classic psych lp and
one
> of my all time faves. The band has disbanded and the guitar player is now
> doing a techno label.  They did release one 7 inch record as well.
>
> scott

Good descrip, but I would warn that ASC has a touch of a modern "grunge"
sounds, (sorta like some of Sundial's stuff)... Also, I found that the use
of the synth, while having juicy-sounding tones, was a bit repetitive...

Charlie