OFF:Psych recommendations

Christian Mumford cannibal at CUTEY.COM
Thu Nov 27 19:05:42 EST 1997

At 23:11 26.11.97 +0000, you wrote:

>Definitely not: there may have been a Gong track on "V" (probably was) but
>definitely not Paragong.  The Gong track would have been from the "teapot"
>trilogy, or an ottake therefrom.
>
>I will brook no disapute on this ( *g* ).  I spent too much time after
>school ('73/'74/'75 academic years) listening to "V" and the other Virgin
>stuff of the time ( & Henry Cow stilll rool!) to misremember
>this...Paragong came along later, probably post Shamal/Gazeuse period - or
>even as a response to those....
>#
>ChrisW

Now, you sure your memory isn't SLIGHTLY rusty even? ;^)~

Let me just check here... ah yes, the Tapestry Of Delights book... hmm,
ah, yes!! Kenneth is right! And I am right! You were there then, you
prove it by not remembering this :) I will quote from the historical
tome:

"The dominant forces of what remained of Gongwere Hillage and Moerlen,
but the only vinyl output of this era <1975> seems to have been Hillage's
solo album Fish Rising, which included alot of band material, and an
outtake, "Pentagramaspin", which got an airing on Virgin's 1975 double
album sampler, "V", credited to Paragong."

And Bob's yer uncle!

Christian

ObNeedNow!!!!: Paragong - Live 1973