Hawkwind Brazilian tour cancelled?

Hoarse Whisperer beautiful_foot at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Nov 28 10:20:15 EST 1997

>Just caught this off libernet. I find it hilarious to think of state
>bureaucrats sitting trying to decipher song lyrics. Good job they're
>immune from the "drug messages" that the poor fans will be affected by.

This is amazing.  I've got a good one though...does anyone remember the
Electric Light Orchestra??

Well, ELO were booked to play in a town in Northern Ireland called
Ballymena, their only gig in this country.  Not a big town by any means,
but it would have been a sell-out gig.
Ballymena Town Council banned ELO from playing in the town because they
were "the Devil's music".  That is a direct quote.

I laughed my leg off.

Chris.

--
The Distorted Barbie questions the effect of a girl doll on society -
http://ezone.org/ez/e7/articles/napier/barbie.html - but Mattel told