OFF: ELO

Hardman DK D.K.Hardman at CITY.AC.UK
Sat Nov 29 09:39:51 EST 1997

On Fri, 28 Nov 1997, Dave Berry wrote:

> On 28 Nov 15:20, Hoarse Whisperer wrote:
> > This is amazing.  I've got a good one though...does anyone remember the
> > Electric Light Orchestra??
>
> I believe they're still going, with a different singer.

Original singer Jeff Lynne did some production work on the Beatles
Anthology series - interesting, given that ELO were widely seen as being
heavily  Beatles influenced. Jeff Lynne also was involved with the last
Paul McCartney album.

Any UK-ers who have been following the unsurpassably funny "I'm Alan
Partridge" on the telly, will have noticed that ELO are one of the regular
seventies name-checked bands.

Dave

David Hardman                           "When your back's against the
HCI Design Centre                        wall, you've got to turn round
School of Informatics                    and march forward!"
City University
Northampton Square                       John Major, ex-Prime Minister
London EC1V 0HB

Phone: +44 0171 477 8152
Fax:   +44 0171 477 8859
E-mail: D.K.Hardman at city.ac.uk