OFF:Psych recommendations

Chris Warburton desdinova at EARTHLING.NET
Sat Nov 29 18:40:10 EST 1997

At 01:05 28/11/97 +0100, you wrote:
>At 23:11 26.11.97 +0000, you wrote:
>

>>Definitely not: there may have been a Gong track on "V" (probably was) but
>>definitely not Paragong.  The Gong track would have been from the "teapot"
>>trilogy, or an ottake therefrom.
>>
>>I will brook no disapute on this ( *g* ).  I spent too much time after
>>school ('73/'74/'75 academic years) listening to "V" and the other Virgin
>>stuff of the time ( & Henry Cow stilll rool!) to misremember
>>this...Paragong came along later, probably post Shamal/Gazeuse period - or
>>even as a response to those....
>>#
>>ChrisW
>
>Now, you sure your memory isn't SLIGHTLY rusty even? ;^)~
>
>Let me just check here... ah yes, the Tapestry Of Delights book... hmm,
>ah, yes!! Kenneth is right! And I am right! You were there then, you
>prove it by not remembering this :) I will quote from the historical
>tome:
>
>"The dominant forces of what remained of Gongwere Hillage and Moerlen,
>but the only vinyl output of this era <1975> seems to have been Hillage's
>solo album Fish Rising, which included alot of band material, and an
>outtake, "Pentagramaspin", which got an airing on Virgin's 1975 double
>album sampler, "V", credited to Paragong."

I remember the title of the track now that you mention it, and it may be
that the line up was that of "Paragong", but I still maintain that it was
NOT credited to "Paragong" on the copy of "V" that my friend owned - I
think perhaps it was just listed as an outtake from "Fish Rising": either
way, it was a most excellent track (as were most of the tracks on that
sampler).

ChrisW