top ten psych lps... and then some!

Chris Warburton desdinova at EARTHLING.NET
Sun Nov 30 18:00:45 EST 1997

JonB wrote:

>Get anything by Lothar & The Hand People. "Hymn To Space" came out in
>what, '67? Big influence on Floyd, Hawkwind and these days The Orb and
>The Chemical Brothers have cited them in interviews. I could be wrong,
>but I believe they were the first band to use synths.

I don't know about synths, but their big thing was the Theremin - hence the
name: one of the theremin Konnoisseurs on the list should be able to confirm!

Other period electronica worth checking are anything by "Tonto's Expanding
Headband" ("Tonto" was one of the first generation mega-Moogs) and stuff by
"Beaver & Krause" - I have "In A Wild Sanctuary", but I understand that
"Ghandarve" (sp?) is their best.

ChrisW

ObCD: "Spanners" by Black Dog

Chris Warburton,