OFF: Heathrow/London help

Frank Weil frankw at COMM.MOT.COM
Wed Oct 1 15:55:16 EDT 1997

My fiancee and I will have a short lay-over in London on the way to our
honeymoon, and we would like to get some specific information.  Our
flight gets into Heathrow Airport at 10:00 AM on a Saturday (18
October) and doesn't leave until 4:35 PM that same day.  We are hoping
to take public transportation (the tube?) into London, walk around for
a while to see some sights and try to wake up, and then take public
transportation back to the airport.  We won't have our luggage with,
so that will make things easier.

First, we plan to take the Piccadily Line Underground into the city,
which is supposed to take 30 to 40 minutes.  Does anyone have any
better suggestions?

Second, can someone please suggest a good destination in London given
that we will have a total of only two or three hours there?  We have
both been to London before (but it has been a while).  We were
thinking of going to an area like Piccadily to have lunch and walk
around.  Does that sound reasonable?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Frank
ObCountdownToTheWedding: 9 days, 2 hours, 5 minutes

Frank Weil | frankw at comm.mot.com | phone: (847) 576-3110 | fax: (847) 576-3240

Q: ...any suggestions as to what prevented this from being a murder
   trial instead of an attempted murder trial?
A: The victim lived.
      -- Disorder in the Court: a Collection of 'Transquips' by Richard Lederer