OFF: Heathrow/London help

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Thu Oct 2 06:06:12 EDT 1997

Ron Jennings writes:

> if u ask me, you are trying to do too much, in too little time.
> also, bear in mind, the tubes can be closed at any point at any time.
> bombings and bomb scares. we had one when we were there, and couldnt
> even get a cab to take us to brixton, despite the law that said he must.

London Taxi drivers are totally Unclear On The Concept. More than once
i've asked to go somewere and been told "I don't know where that is so
I'm not going" (So much for "The Knowledge") or "I'm not going that way
guv". As far as I can tell they have their own plans for the day and the
customer is exected to fit in with them.

FoFP