OFF: Heathrow/London help

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Thu Oct 2 07:31:39 EDT 1997

In article <3432F8F4.1C1C7F26 at starlinx.com>, Ron Jennings
<sprawl at STARLINX.COM> writes

>stay at the airport.  that is not enough time to see anything worth
>seeing, and when my wife and i were there we cut it about as close,
>and when we were arriving, they were putting the rope across the gate.
>we were amazed that they let us on the plane.
>
>if you must go, give yerself at least a half hour more than you think
>you will need, and be sure to know EXACTLY where you need to be, and how
>to get there.
>
>if u ask me, you are trying to do too much, in too little time.
>also, bear in mind, the tubes can be closed at any point at any time.
>bombings and bomb scares. we had one when we were there, and couldnt
>even get a cab to take us to brixton, despite the law that said he must.
>

>good luck, whatever you decide.
>rj
>
>BTW, where is the honeymoon?

I'd have to agree with rj, although technically the tube from the
airport is only 30-40 mins, you'd be taking a risk getting into the town
centre. If i was heading to the airport from town I'd want a good couple
of hours leeway, in case of delays, which are not unlikely.

My shop is only a few miles, one bus ride from the airport and I can't
honestly recommend even giving us a visit so, like the man said, best
stay put.

have a good trip,
--
Jon Browne