OFF: Heathrow/London help

Ron Jennings sprawl at STARLINX.COM
Thu Oct 2 10:11:57 EDT 1997

hey, maybe i Am mistaken. but you can hardly blame me, what with the big
sign in the cab that says: the driver must take you to any destination
within six miles of pickup point. any refusal to do so, should be
reported to the police station at blah blah blah.

and it was funny.... i was a little upset at the prospect of not getting
to see HW because some cab driver didnt want to do his job. and i was
also half convinced that the guy didnt want to take us, because he was
assuming we were looking for drugs or something.

so i threatened to turn him in, if he didnt take us. he got very
nervous, and said he would.  the poor guy looked like he was gonna cry,
so i relented a bit, and told him just to take us to the operable
tube station nearest brixton, that he felt comfortable with.

it was myself, my wife, and bill and beverly stewart.
it was an amusing situation, once the compromise had been made.

so, whatever the law is, it is at least policy that they take you
wherever within a certain distance.  and at least some drivers respect
the idea.

ps. we had to take an all nite private cab back to hydepark. we got
scalped, bigtime.
but that was not as embarrassing as the time the four of us accidentally
nicked mike and jill's cab to the train from brentwood. =(

rj