OFF: Voivod

Crawford Smith bk977 at FREENET.BUFFALO.EDU
Thu Oct 2 10:14:05 EDT 1997

> Away is such a talented artist!!!  Not the same vibe Hawkwind had
> with Barney Bubbles, but I can't think of a single band that uses
> art with music the way Voivod does.  (Hauntingly original, too!)
>
> Say, wasn't Negatron supposed to be a CD-ROM as well?  I stuck it
> in my computer and found nothing.  So far the only CD I have that
> has computer files is Prong - Rude Awakening.  Maybe my copy of

Actually, I thought the one redeeming feature of Negatron was the CD-ROM
stuff - video of "Insect"  a five-minute video promo of other bands on the
Mausoleum label, clips from all the tracks on the disc (why?) and - best
of all - a bunch of weird, eerie little animated computer art by Away.
Too bad you couldn't get it to go, but then again, I haven't figured out
how to get my computer to read the stuff that's on Rude Awakening.  Maybe
a problem with system config?

YFNR

Crawford

   ^
  /i\
 /   \      "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."