OFF: Voivod

Thu Oct 2 17:22:48 EDT 1997

> From:          C Mumford <cannibal at CUTEY.COM>

> Strange realization on the way to work listening to Phobos: all the bleeping
> pulse-sounds on the album are Piggy's toy raygun!!!!! One and the same...!
> I guess that sort of is the final word in their (non) use of synths live...
>
> Christian

But not really unique.  Steve Stevens is a big fan of old toys, and
I've seen him hold  a ray-gun over the pickups of his guitar for
sound effects.  In the past, he figured out a way to simulate raygun
noises using delays and harmonizers.  It can be found on Rebel Yell,
I believe, and also on a song on Whiplash Smile, Man For All Seasons,
I think...

theo