Next BOC Album

Andrew A. Apold mordru at MAGG.NET
Fri Oct 3 09:14:33 EDT 1997

>>OK, I have been listening to Workshop of the Telescopes collection
>of BOC tracks for about six months now, and I really dug Cities,
> Godzilla, Veteran, Dominance, & M.E. 262.
>
>>What BOC album should I try out next?
>
>Mark notice how everyone is essentially steering you towards the big
>three (BOC, T&M and ST)?  If you can get the three pak its your best
>buy.

While I agree about 3-pak, I had a slight misgiving about recommending
Secret Treaties if only because with WOTT, he already has a version of
every song on Secret Treaties except 'Cagey Cretins' on WOTT.  While the
ST versions are also worth having, I'd recommend going with one of the
others first.  BOC is also heavily represented on WOTT, with only
'Redeamed', 'Screams', and 'SABAAF' not being represented in one form
or another (if you consider TR&TB as a version of IOTLBIANS, which I do).
On those grounds, T&M seemed like a good choice, seeing that it is very
under-represented on WOTT with only two songs (TR&TB and 7SDB) (though
Mark, if you find 3-pak, it's worth it).  This is why I thinkn Cultosaurus
would be a good next step as it is generally a heavier album, which fits
in with the songs mentioned above.  The only one that isn't is Veteran,
which ties in nicely to Black Blade, so it works on that level too.  Theo
also recommended it.  And we all know what Bolle thinks of it, too....

As for Mirrors, I like it, but I wouldn't recommend it as an example to find
more stuff similar to what Mark singled out from WOTT.  'The Great Sun Jester'
is still one of my favorite tunes...

One other note, I find lots of people lump 'The Revolution by Night' and 'Club
Ninja' together as two rather worthless (by BOC standards) albums with
one or two great tunes.  I don't think this is fair to RBN, I think it is a
much better album than CN.  Even aside from 'Take Me Away' (which I'm sure
is one of the things referred to by people when they say it has a few great
songs).  On CN I always skip certain tunes, but I usually let RBN run through.
I even don't mind 'Let Go' and 'Light Years of Love'.  anyways.

Andrew A. Apold (mordru at magg.net), aka  |
Roger Shrubstaff, Guildmaster of Reeves |
Duchy of Silverwater (BL), Amtgard      |
aka Asgrim Dragon -=UDIC=-              |
 "I was corrupt before I had power!" - Random