Next BOC Album

Aaron Crandall deadline at CYBERHIGHWAY.NET
Fri Oct 3 12:08:53 EDT 1997

> One other note, I find lots of people lump 'The Revolution by Night' and
'Club
> Ninja' together as two rather worthless (by BOC standards) albums with
> one or two great tunes.  I don't think this is fair to RBN, I think it is
> much better album than CN.  Even aside from 'Take Me Away' (which I'm
sure
> is one of the things referred to by people when they say it has a few
great
> songs).  On CN I always skip certain tunes, but I usually let RBN run
through.
> I even don't mind 'Let Go' and 'Light Years of Love'.  anyways.
>
> +---------------------------------------+
> Andrew A. Apold (mordru at magg.net), aka  |

RBN is one of my favorite BOC albums, and I always read people slamming it.
 It is much much better than CN and contains some great tunes.  Earlier I
recommended Secret Treaties, and several others suggested you should get
the first three.  However, I feel I must change my recommendation -- Mark,
get ALL of the BOC albums!  That's right, pull out that Visa and take the
plunge! :)
Seriously, I've never heard a BOC album I didn't like (including CN). They
all have their strong points and one thing I like about BOC is listening to
the evolution over time.  Whether you like the raw sound of early BOC like
'Cities...' or the synth influenced stuff from Fire of Unknown Origin,
etc., you should find something to like in each one.  I find that the songs
tend to grow on you -- the more I listen, the more I want to hear!

Aaron