BOC: ETL ain't no surf music

Bolts of Ungodly Vision scruto19 at POTSDAM.EDU
Mon Oct 6 11:23:10 EDT 1997

>Personally, as far a live albums go, "On Your Feet" is my favorite now, but
>"ETL" was very special for me since I got into BOC around 1980, and frist
>(uh, first) saw them live in 1982 on the "ETL" tour.  In many ways, it's
>an unnecessary album for many BOC fans (didn't really need new live versions
>of Cities on Flame, The Red + The Black, The Reaper, Godzilla, Hot Rails to
>Hell, and ETI), but I enjoy the album - besides, it's nice to have the
>live "Roadhouse Blues" w/Mr. Krieger, and I think the rendition of "Veteran
>of the Psychic Wars" is most excellent.
And the classic "holy beep" introduction to Godzilla is unsurpassable, not
to mention the live "Black Blade" (a rather "frantic" sound it has too),
"Joan Crawford"'s piano closing, and (well deservedto be encapsulated in
vinyl-with the Real percussionist to boot) "Dominance and Submission."
Its good and it has "the words" more or less to the tunes. The artwork
among the best I think out of all the other BOC lps- colorful, and
sufficiently non-standard rock fare.

>as one of their favorites.  The only worthless BOC albums are some of
>these compilations that come out with absolutely no new material.
Amen to that.  Though _Career of Evil:the Metal Years_ has some really
whacked out liner notes....also for the FAQ: it does not include "Redeemed"
in its rundown of songs on lp 1.
Q: how many BOC tours had programmes and what were they like?

Interesting aside, I let my Zeppelin loving neighbor borrow OYFoOYK and
upon listening he said," Not bad, but too jazzy for me."  Nothing quite
like the cruising thunder of BOC live and in top form--an uncageable animal
indeed.

Jason