HW: Church of Hawkwind

Max Wilcox s333271 at STUDENT.UQ.EDU.AU
Tue Oct 7 12:02:30 EDT 1997

Hi all,

            This has been in the corner of my mind for the past few weeks,
and I thought, seeing as I've got lots of uni writing to do, that I would
purge it from the dark recesses of my mind now.
            What's the deal with Church of Hawkwind? I know it was
origionaly `ol Brockey's solo album, but then he got the others in on it.
Why? How did this come about?
            It gets strange here. The copyright is 75, and Bainbridge &
HughLL are listed as composing some of the songs - how? More astounding is
how Chadwick and Dayey are on it.
            My only thoughts are that Brock recorded the demos in 75 and
then the others got them out of the vaults and added backing etc....
            Or is this just a strange time warp thingie?

- Max Wilcox