HW: Church of Hawkwind

William Duffy xl5 at IINET.NET.AU
Tue Oct 7 12:15:32 EDT 1997

Hi there

>            This has been in the corner of my mind for the past few weeks,
>and I thought, seeing as I've got lots of uni writing to do, that I would
>purge it from the dark recesses of my mind now.
>            What's the deal with Church of Hawkwind? I know it was
>origionaly `ol Brockey's solo album, but then he got the others in on it.
>Why? How did this come about?
>            It gets strange here. The copyright is 75, and Bainbridge &
>HughLL are listed as composing some of the songs - how? More astounding is
>how Chadwick and Dayey are on it.
>            My only thoughts are that Brock recorded the demos in 75 and
>then the others got them out of the vaults and added backing etc....
>            Or is this just a strange time warp thingie?

I'm not sure about the copyright date on it (maybe a misprint), as mine does
not have this anywhere, but some of the material on the CD version was
recorded at a different time to the album. The Chadwick/Davey track should
really be on "It Is The Business..."

The album should chronologically sit between "Sonic Attack" & "Choose Your
Masques".

William