HW: Church of Hawkwind

Andrew Gilham Andy.Gilham at BTINTERNET.COM
Tue Oct 7 12:36:36 EDT 1997

>             What's the deal with Church of Hawkwind? I know it was
> origionaly `ol Brockey's solo album, but then he got the others in on it.
> Why? How did this come about?

I'm guessing here, but I always assumed it was a contractual obligation thing
- RCA wanted a Hawkwind album, so Dave gave 'em one.  (Naturally it was
better than the "real" albums around then! :)

>             It gets strange here. The copyright is 75, and Bainbridge &
> HughLL are listed as composing some of the songs - how? More astounding is
> how Chadwick and Dayey are on it.

It actually came out in '82, so I dunno about the "75".  The Davey/Chadwick
cuts are only on the (much later) CD, anyway.

>             My only thoughts are that Brock recorded the demos in 75 and
> then the others got them out of the vaults and added backing etc....

Quite possible!  Some of those tracks had been around a while - a couple
surfaced originally on Weird 101, a few years before.

- Andy