BOC: Martin Murray, telescopes and other things that scream in the night

Bolts of Ungodly Vision scruto19 at POTSDAM.EDU
Tue Oct 7 07:38:55 EDT 1997

>From Pandora's box, a horde of questions:

During the CE and FoOU years, did Birch ever get interviewed about the two
discs by music mags?  It would be interesting to hear his perspective on
BOC's musicality after working for Deep Purple, Fleetwood Mac, etc.

Q: Who produced the SFG sessions? Did he/she ever do anything else?
Another Q: We all know fairly well the extent of Sandy P's role in BOC, but
how did Murry Krugman fit into the whole BOScheme(nice wordplay, eh?)?
What was disastrous aspect of the pre-BOC  gig at the Fillmore? (I don't
remember which incarnation of the group it happened in, but I know that
it's in the Mighty FAQ--take the quiz, it's good for you)
How well did WotT sell?
Also, what BOC tunes have never been played live by BOC/3OC?

Is it any wonder that my mind's on fire,
Jason

PS:
And yes, the guy really did say "BOC was too jazzy."  Think about it
though, BOC was Heavy for the period; but it didn't plod around the beats
nor shackeld itself to keeping with them(7Sdb for example),....it weaved
and ducked and darted with unceasing activity (the busyness of Subhuman
live really wowed him at first) around the metronome's incessant call. This
non-bluesness was commented on before on the list, by whom I dont recall.
(stop rhyming now, thank you)  That's what made its brand of guitar fire
and drumming brimstone so amazing...after all with the
lyrics-which-pertained-to-nothing-of-this-earth  that the members worked
with, I doubt Led Zeppish rock structures would really fit anyhow.

And the post script's all though,
jason