Next BOC Album

Troy Harris fiskare at WEBCONCEPT.COM.AU
Tue Oct 7 22:59:22 EDT 1997

At 09:28 AM 7/10/97 EDT, Ted Jackson jr. 6L6 wrote:
>> From:          brian halligan <brianh at PULLEYN.COM>
>>         > As a non-BOC person, the track list on ETL looked pretty good.
>> Why don't
>>         > people like it?  Are they relatively poor performances, or
>> crap sound?
>>
>There are some good performances:  Excellent renditions of DFtR
>[though not any better than the one on SEE], Roadhouse is cool, and,
>DaS finally recorded live, and with Al on Drums no less.  A lot of it
>is just plain unnecessary, as John pointed out.  I suspect that what
>turns people off [certainly true in my case] is that it's the first
>record without Al.  Rick's a competent drummer, but to fill Al's
>shoes, a drummer has to be amazing...

   Well, besides, it was in the days of heavy metal!  It is loud, and messy.
Typical 80's metal live album.  Just like the Sabs "live Evil", recorded
around the same time.
   I think Rick D sounded great on RBN.

>I agree.  It's a great jacket, and when I bought it, I was really
>psyched to be blown away, but it didn't happen.  I had seen the band
>before the record came out, so I knew Al was gone, but I'd hoped the
>album would have been old material featuring Al...

 Yeah, a little dissapointing- at first.  But the drums don't sound all that
clean on that ( Al) track DaS.  Not too bad on BB, which rules the album.
  As far as live HM albums from that era go, it is still my favorite by far.

   Troy

        Troy Harris

        PO Box 18  Mornington, Victoria, Australia , 3931

        +61-3-5985 85 86

        fiskare at webconcept.com.au
        tlh at rubens.its.unimelb.edu.au