Il Grande Rock CD

Aaron Crandall deadline at CYBERHIGHWAY.NET
Wed Oct 8 00:03:59 EDT 1997

Manuel wrote:
<       I sometimes wonder who is in charge of putting together all of
these compilation and greatest hits cds.  It's certainly not individuals
who are actual fans of the band, in this case BOC.  Who does these jobs?
Do record exs just give an assignment to some young employee and is made
to research the band info for the disc?  The only compilation that comes
close to anything accurate is WOTT.  Any comments, questions, or
disagreements?  It would be nice to hear other list member's points of
view.>

I've always found it interesting which songs wind up on BOC's compilations, and also which songs appear in concert and on live albums.  BOC's songs are so diverse, you could come up with dozens of unique combinations...maybe it's because the quality of their music is so good that not as many cuts "stand out" like the hits of many other bands...

Another thing I've noticed is that even among fans the chosen setlists could differ widely.  Some of the songs I consider to be absolutely brilliant are considered to be of lesser quality by other fans.  I think it's awfully hard to pigeonhole a band as creative as BOC!

Aaron