BOC: Everyone's a good manager who has never managed and other things

Bolts of Ungodly Vision scruto19 at POTSDAM.EDU
Wed Oct 8 08:31:33 EDT 1997

>Amen, Jason!  This is something that has galled me about BOC since
>joining the internet.  Why can't BOC do more 'fan-club only' live
>stuff?  Other bands do it, and it works out well.  I realize they
>won't make a nickel on it, but can't a case for good will amongst the
>fans be made?  ................

Not to mention the fact that continued production of any non-"best of"
rehash would at least help keep the fan base in tact and happy, but provide
a good word o' mouth to friends irl and on lists such as this one..BOCL has
proven to be helpful for the advertising of Porcupine Tree, Hawkwind
things(to newbies at the whole Hawkwind thing) etc. (and of course tBS--but
more  a case of direct intervention from the Drummer-That-Be.)

>figure out that us rabid fans would pay an inflated price to own new
>BOC stuff.  And besides, they wouldn't have to DO anything!  The
>tapes are there.  Just put them on discs and out they go!  And, like
>the man says, tBS can do it...
As Albert has mentioned in previous interviews scattered about the net and
elsewheres (maybe the Modern Drummer interview?) that he had a more
"driven" work ethic and the evidence tBS-wise shows: 3 CDs, Cellsum Records
carrying more than just tBS, actually having Eponyomous and Trepanation(?)
in stores (at the Syracuse Lechmere (RIP) I saw the former) and having them
sell decent amounts; most likely due to word o' mouth and touring w/ a
decent alchemy of old and new material,not just doing a "Hey there boys and
girls, its the BOC revival hour with all the material AOR knows and loves!"

It seems to me that BOC could pull an "underground" comeback and be a far
more effective and viable recording entity than trying to hit it big all in
one whallop (its been how many years after all?).....but then again ELO nas
a new disk on some label recently--now that's darn scary. It wouldn't
changer their current means of existence too much anyhow... *drumroll
please*  Not to say "If I were BOC..." but I will anyhow, advertising in
the plethora of internet music venues, (Addicted to Noise being one of many
fine places), a few rave reviews here and there (like the good editorial
about BOC on AtN a while back), coupled with well placed and revamped
concert appearances (bigger than a bar (we all know they/we get too crowded
in dem plaecs), but smaller than the Hoover Dam kind of venues; since the
line-up seems stable now, w/out people always going over to Blackmore, BOC
should be albe to stretch out and rebuild the BOC groove (mk. II)) etc etc
yadda yadda yadda. We all know the drill.

Getting in as many list contributions  as he can before Oct. break,
Jason

Pardon me as a hose down the pulpit, all this talk "from on, but not on a,
high" is messy.