BOC: Everyone's a good manager who has never managed and other things

Andrew Gilham Andy.Gilham at BTINTERNET.COM
Wed Oct 8 14:36:21 EDT 1997

It's all about attitude.

I'm off to see Wayne Kramer in a couple of hours; he's got to be even older
than the BOC guys, spent time in jail, etc, etc, yet he's made four solo
albums (and numerous guest appearances) in the nineties, and he's gigging all
over the world.

The last gig I went to was Man.  They're the same age as BOC, they've put out
a couple of excellent albums in the 90s, and there's another due out next
year - all this with Deke having been seriously ill for a while.

The best gig I've been to this year was the New Christs.  Rob Younger's been
around since his Birdman days 20 years ago.  Despite bugger-all commercial
success, he continues to get really hot musicians in his band, puts out
amazing records, and tours all over Europe.

One of the best shows I went to last year was Patti Smith.  Say no more!

All these guys may be old, as rock musicians go - but they don't play an
oldies show.  And it's no coincidence that none of them get billed beneath
Foghat and a puppet show at a poxy chilli cook-off. :)

- Andy