HW: Ambient Anarchists (Forward)

langner timothy 96163497 at BROOKES.AC.UK
Wed Oct 8 16:45:51 EDT 1997

>> Can anyone clue me in on "Douglas in the Jungle" ?  Or are they just
>> throw-away ditties that no one would possibly rank with the rest of
>> Hawkwind's catalog?

>Actually its a lost classic, lyrics wise (all about Doug Smith)  and I still
>claim theres a hell of a lot more going on in the background (low or buried
>vocals) thatn anybody has ever figured out, but its not terribly musical.....
>
>Duh-Duh-Duh-Duh Dum-Dum   repeat ad nauseam
>Steve L.

I always liked douglos in the jungle. The lyrics are silly and fun and I quite
like the style of it. Okay not tuneful but then the awkwneing doesn't have a
tune and that's good. And it's far better than the dance records you get these
days which have reapting voacls and awful drum beats. IMHO

So was douglos in the jungle done for the 25 years on session or was it just
the band muckign around one afternoon. Of course what hakwiwnd need to do is
issue all the unofficeal non money make material themselvse better quility
with more and an affrodable price and hopefuly all the other companies will
loss out. Okay it's not that simple but's beter than jsut letting them issue
the stuff.

Timmy Langner