BOC: Everyone's a good manager who has never managed and other things

Chris Warburton desdinova at EARTHLING.NET
Wed Oct 8 18:40:05 EDT 1997

Andy Gilham wrote:
>It's all about attitude.
>
>I'm off to see Wayne Kramer in a couple of hours; he's got to be even older
>than the BOC guys, spent time in jail, etc, etc, yet he's made four solo
>albums (and numerous guest appearances) in the nineties, and he's gigging all
>over the world.

And I wish I was going too, but wifey's gone to a dinner for the "Pittock
family reunion" organized by her father and featuring hordes of aging
American genealogists visiting the ancestral village (no offence intended
to list members across the pond)...

>The last gig I went to was Man.  They're the same age as BOC, they've put out
>a couple of excellent albums in the 90s, and there's another due out next
>year - all this with Deke having been seriously ill for a while.

I was there - and Andy's right... My old crowd have seen them a lot in the
last few years and speak highly of other gigs.  Just as everybody seems to
be saying that Buck plays better than ever, messrs. Jones & Leonard are
still up in the stratosphere....

The last major gig I attended before that was King Crimson - I'm not sure
how old Fripp is, but his work rate in the last decade is also awesome.

ChrisW
ObVinylAcquisition: A Near pristine "Deke Leonard - Iceberg"

*** desdinova at earthling.net *** ICQ 2453162 *** Fenugreek.firefly

"Live dangerously! Or not at all."