Ambient Anarchists (almost) decoded - new versions?

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Wed Oct 8 20:22:07 EDT 1997

I've gone through the Ambient Anarchists double-CD and discovered where
most of the track versions came from.

Notes:

Blue Shift isn't there, it's just that the end of TV Suicide sounded a
lot like it.

Arrival In Utopia isn't there, my memory was playing tricks.

High Rise is listed but PXR5 is on the CD.

The end of LSD follows The Camera That Could Lie.

The end of Hassan I Sabha follows Space Is Their Palestine (Assassins).

<IMPORTANT>

I cannot identify the version of Love In Space or the second version of
Sonic Attack. I guess further checking is warranted but these could be
unreleased versions of the tracks.

Here's the info:

The tracklist is:

The Ambient Anarchists  1997
        Urban Guerilla
        Right to Decide
        PXR5                            {listed as High Rise}
        Motorway City
        Psychedelic Warlords
        Sonic Attack
        Uncle Sam's On Mars
        TV Suicide
        Confrontation
        Streets of Fear
        Motorhead
        The Camera That Could Lie
        LSD                             {segue from previous track}
        Sonic Attack
        UFO Line
        Abducted
        Earth
        Love in Space
        The Forge Of Vulcan
        Life Form
        Green Finned Demon
        Virgin Of The World
        Utopia
        Space Is Their Palestine        {listed as Assassin}
        Hassan I Sabha                  {segue from previous track)
        The Joker At The Gate
        Time and Space
        Vega
        The Last Messiah

Versions:

Urban Guerilla
 L  4     British Tribal Music
 L  4     Ironstrike
 L  4     Castle Masters Collection
 L  4     The Best and the Rest of Hawkwind
 L  4     The Early Years Live EP
 L  4     The Hawkwind Anthology Vol 1
 L  4     Acid Daze Vol 1
 L  4     The Hawkwind Collection
 L  4     Hawkwind Anthology triple CD box set [Castle Communications]
 L  4     Silver Machine {Spectrum compilation}
 L  4     Space Is Deep
 L  4     Live & Rare (Onward Flies The Bird)
Right to Decide
    1     Electric Teepee
    1     Decide Your Future EP and CD single
    1     25 Years On [Griffin 4-CD Set]
PXR5
    1     PXR5
Motorway City
 L  6     Undisclosed Files
Psychedelic Warlords
    3     Silver Machine 10th Anniversary  7" EP
    3     Choose Your Masques [CD only]
Sonic Attack
    7     Sonic Attack
Uncle Sam's On Mars
    3     PXR5
    3     Repeat Performance
TV Suicide
 L  2 a   California Brainstorm
Confrontation
    1     Out And Intake
    1     Night Of The Hawk
Streets of Fear
    1 a   Sonic Attack
Motorhead
    1     Kings of Speed/ Motorhead 7"
    1     Warrior On the Edge of Time CD
Processed
 L  3     The Business Trip {The Camera That Could Lie}
 L  3     The Emergency Broadcast System Samples
LSD
 L  3     The Business Trip
Sonic Attack

<UNKNOWN VERSION>

U.F.O Line
   1      Strange Trips and Pipe Dreams
Abducted
    1     Alien4
Parasites Are Here On Earth
    1     Strange Trips And Pipe Dreams
Love in Space

<UNKNOWN VERSION>

The Forge Of Vulcan
    2     Quark Strangeness And Charm
    2     Quark, Strangeness, and Charm/ The Forge of Vulcan 7"
    2     Spirit of the Age [Charisma Compilation]
Life Form
    1     PXR5
Green Finned Demon
 L  4     The Business Trip
 L  4     The Emergency Broadcast System Samples
Virgin Of The World  {see also: Experiment with Destiny}
    2     Sonic Attack
    2     Angels of Death
Utopia
    1     Choose Your Masques
Space is their (Palestine)
 L  4     Love In Space   {Assassins}
Hassan I Sabha
 L  9     Love In Space       {Assassins}
The Joker At The Gate
    1     Angels of Death
    1     Church of Hawkwind
Time and Space