OFF: Aussie rock was: Next BOC Album

Troy Harris fiskare at WEBCONCEPT.COM.AU
Thu Oct 9 04:57:53 EDT 1997

At 09:22 AM 8/10/97 -0700, Chris Baxley wrote:

>Australia has produced some amazing bands over the past 20 years, but few
>people seem to notice.
>
>Chris
>
>founder,
>E-coli Anti-Defamation League

  You mention some greats, like the Saints, and Radio Birdman, yeah, they
were OK, but never filled the gap of being "hard" enough. Perhaps Rose Tatoo
and AC/DC best filled that.  Also, to a certain extent, they lacked the
"flair and finesse" of the US pop rockers.
  However, I do think there are some un-noticed Aussies in those years too.
I think Cold Chisel, (though I hated them for years) and Australian Crawl
would rank among the standard of some US and UK pop rock.  Still,
interesting that you mention the Scientists, when I have never even heard of
them!  Who were they?

   Troy

        Troy Harris

        PO Box 18  Mornington, Victoria, Australia , 3931

        +61-3-5985 85 86

        fiskare at webconcept.com.au
        tlh at rubens.its.unimelb.edu.au