BOC: shows and the wheel

Ted Alger talger at PIPELINE.COM
Fri Oct 10 01:38:03 EDT 1997

>Somebody posted the following to the Black Sabbath list:
>

> Blue Oyster Cult on Nov. 21st
>in Bethlehem, PA. (USA) at Lupo's. I'll let you know if Bobby Rondinelli is
>still slamming the skins for BOC
>First off, anyone heard 'bout this gig?  I may be able to make the
>show.

Bobby is still the drummer....he's recording with them too...
the Lupo's show is listed by Ticketmaster....also I believe there is supposed
to be a show in Lancaster on either the 15th or 22nd...not clear which
Plus....posted by E. Bloom to AOL:

"look for a couple shows in florida...NEXT WEEK.  Someone else's shows fell
out..so we were offered the dates....Tampa next sat, Pompano Beach on
Sunday.  (not this coming weekend)"

  Also,
>Buck Dharma has said on the BOC list that the new BOC album will be out in
>"very early '98."  It'll have the two new songs they've been playing, which
>have been excellent, and much more.

> Second, is anyone on the BOC list he's talking about?
>Is this typical BOC 'promise 'em anything?'

>This seems to contradict news we got a whole back saying BOC wasn't
>going to play any more shows til the cd was done.  Maybe it IS done.
>And maybe Cindy Crawford will start returning my calls...

this is what Buck posted to AOL (that's the what they were talking about)

"Hi Steve, keep your shirt on, record was 80% done last yr, we're finishing
it now, _we'll_ be done with it soon, but it'll be out when you see it in a
store. Glad you're listening to 'Revolution'. I think you'll dig the new
one, maybe if this was a couple years into the future we could just
'upload' it to all of you folks as soon as it's mixed. Meanwhile, I'll tell
Y'all that _I'm_ likin' it..

from the studio 'Submarine'
Buck"

and for anyone who might think the band might not have a sense of humor about
the Spinal Tap-ish drummer problem.....Buck also had this to say....

"I think any BOC coffee table book should have a big board type surface
with "Colorforms" cutouts of all the people who've ever played with or been
connected with the band. That way, you could create different era BOC's (or
create your OWN lineups) and populate the board with your choice of
peripheral characters..

BD"