OFF: Aussie rock was: Next BOC Album

Peter Sondergeld p.sondergeld at QUT.EDU.AU
Fri Oct 10 07:37:21 EDT 1997

Yep, Skyhooks are Australian, but not together anymore. There was a brief
reunion a year or two or three back. They went for glammish makeup and
costumes onstage, but did manage some decent music. "Women in Uniform" still
rocks. Two of the band are now "stars" on Oz TV - different shows, though.
Don't know about the others.
As for the Scientists, I'm not familiar with them either. I can't find my
(employer's) copy of Who's Who of Australian Rock so I can't check it right
now, but I did turn up on the WWW a discography and a review of a former
member (Kim Salmon), and a few references to compilation releases of their
genre e.g. Murder Punk Vol 1 & 2. Kim Salmon was in the Scientists and the
Beasts of Bourbon, and seems to be having a fair solo career. I'll check the
Who's Who when it turns up, but contact me privately if you'd like to hear
more about them. Here are some of the url's I found:

http://www.ontide.de/glitterhouse/englisch/artists-s01.htm
http://www.amws.com.au/s/scientists-d.html
http://www.forcedexposure.com/new/97jan1.html

Pete.
ObCD: Flat Out - Buck D. Got hold of a CD and have been giving it the
treatment.

At 11:27 AM 10/10/97 +0200, you wrote:
>I have a record by a band called Skyhooks, I think it is called Ego Is Not
>A Dirty Word, they are australian, aren't they ?
>
>Kenneth
>

>Bishop Garden Records
>Box 747
>521 22 Falkoping
>SWEDEN
>Tel +46 (0)515 823 08
>bishop.garden at falkoping.mail.telia.com
>
>The Moor
>http://www3.tripnet.se/~hmm/moor/
>
>This message was transmitted from a MicroSoft-free device.

Peter Sondergeld
p.sondergeld at qut.edu.au

"I'm no stranger to hard work - more of a nodding acquaintance"   - D.G. Harris