OFF: Aussie rock was: Next BOC Album

Troy Harris fiskare at WEBCONCEPT.COM.AU
Mon Oct 13 01:42:34 EDT 1997

At 09:41 PM 12/10/97 -0600, Ed Eichendorf wrote:
>> On Sat, Oct 11, 1997 at 11:42:38AM +1000, Troy Harris said:
>> >
>> >   Ever heard of the Angels (known in the US as Angel City)  now THEY were
>> > hard and slaughtered all live!
>>
>> Flashback... Hazy memories of my youth.  :)
>>
>> I picked up "Face to Face" back in '78 or '79.  What a great album.  I'd
>> love to get *that* on CD.  Fat chance, I guess.
>>
> Maybe. Ijust ordered "Face to Face" from CD Now for $9.49. It was
>listed as in stock so I should have it by Wednesday.  If you follow
>the links at CD Now you can go to an Angels fan page via the Ultimate
>Band List. The album was released in 1980 and _Take a Long Line_ and
>_Marseilles_ both received a decnet amount of airplay in the
>Chicagoland area. I can't wait to stick this one in the CD player and
>crank it!

 Shadow Boxer also got airplay in the USA, and how many Angels songs were
covered by Great White?  Two, or three?  I also think thet they co-wrote a
couple with the Brewsters.

   Troy

>> There was a song called ~"Long Line" that got radio play on the AOR
>> station in my town, but the whole album rocked, and the lyrics were
>> quite clever.
>>

>> --
>> Daniel Ligon                                      makmorn at qis.net
>>
>> The entire story of Imaginos has not been told and only time will
>> tell if the riddle will begin.
>>
>>   -- Albert
>>

>--
>Ed Eichendorf      ...drawn up between the Ambassadors from Plutonia and
>ike1 at i1.net      Desdinova, the foreign minister. These treaties founded a
>               secret science from the stars. Astronomy. The career of evil.

        Troy Harris

        PO Box 18  Mornington, Victoria, Australia , 3931

        +61-3-5985 85 86

        fiskare at webconcept.com.au
        tlh at rubens.its.unimelb.edu.au