HW: Colchester gig (& support band)

bart bart at AEOLIANS.BT.CO.UK
Mon Oct 13 04:29:33 EDT 1997

Nipped on down to the Colchester gig friday night. Pretty good gig, solid
playing and no tedious dancers onstage. Very few people there though, which
must of seemed a bit disappointing for the band. I thought the presence of
Crum might get Dave out from behind his console but that didn't happen.

The evenings bonus was my SO enjoying Brainstorm, which is pretty impressive
given our err, differing musical tastes. :-)

Anyways, is the support band the same each night? I caught the tail end of
the guys at Colchester and they sounded really interesting - gtr, keys, two
basses at some points and drums. They did spacey fuzzed instrumentals
something like Strobe / Labradford. Any idea who they were ?

cheers,

Tim

ObFilm: Lost Highway